Do you have lots of trees with a large yard? Then you may get so upset to cut your trees and maintain your yard due to your chainsaw’s dull blade. However, it’s not possible to purchase a new chainsaw all the time. So, you may think in this situation what you will do? If you use the chainsaw regularly, you have to invest in the chainsaw sharpener, which will be an intelligent decision. Then, when you have a handy best chainsaw sharpener, you don’t need to worry about reaching the optimum result.
In the market or online, you can see different models and different budget’s chainsaw sharpeners. But how do you choose the perfect sharpener for you? The expert team member does lots of research and sorts out the list to get the best tool and clear your confusion. I have created incredible features with the guide of all the products on my list. So I can’t wait for more to help you pick the perfect tool to add to your other tool kit.
Oregon 520-120 Bench Saw Chain Grinder
If you want to work with a professional-style band saw chain grinder is a great way to sharpen your chain, then this Oregon 520-120 is a perfect choice that I can suggest to you. However, this chainsaw chain sharpener can work very well can make quick work of sharpening. You can get excellent and outstanding performance with this chainsaw sharpener machine within some minutes. Due to this best chainsaw grinder’s versatility, I can keep this on my top list of the electric sharpener for chainsaws in the middle of the Oregon brand.
- Fortunately, this 4 x 11.85 x 10.3 inches dimension one-way motor good chainsaw sharpener can sharpen up to .404 inches pitch chain. These professional sharpeners can shaps any chain from manufacturers like Oregon, Hasquava, and many more.
- According to your sharpener needs, Oregon can offer different types of bench grinders to heavy-duty workhorses.
- Here the grinding wheels are available in the two different diameter sizes with different thicknesses, like- one is Diameter: 5-3/4″ | Thickness: 1/8″, 3/16″, 1/4″, 5/16″, and the other one is Diameter: 4-1/8″ | Thickness: 1/8″, 3/16″, 1/4″.
- The 556418 Misc parts of this unit are so small that you can easily keep them on your key chain or wallet.
- Here you can get the 0.25 inches drop-center depth gauge fitting kit to increase these chainsaw sharpener tools’ safety and performance.
- The 19.36-pound compact size allows this chain saw sharpening machine to adjust the height easily.
- It is easy to set up, and the unit is so accurate
- It is the most Stihl chainsaw sharpener ever
- You can easily customize the settings of this best chainsaw blade sharpener
- This commercial chainsaw sharpener is a combination of precision work.
- You can get a high volume of sharpening quickly.
- With this Oregon 520-120, you will get the dressing back
- For the safety concern us ethe one-way motor
- The adaptable hand positioning system is here
- You can mount it on the wall
- This grinder won’t sharpen the square ground chain.
- Not perfect for the occasional purpose
Timberline Chainsaw Sharpener with 3/16″ Carbide Cutter (for .325″ pitch chains)
In the world of advanced technology, while you need to sharpen your chainsaw, you want to know the best manual chainsaw sharpener. The answer will be the Timberline Chainsaw Sharpener that will give you the highest efficiency. Within a few seconds, this tool will take your work to a new level with exact precision. These best-rated chainsaw sharpeners can take their vital place in my chainsaw grinders reviews from novices to professionals.
- The 8 x 8 x 8 inches dimension of this bar mount chainsaw sharpener, the chain remains on the saw, and the bar’s tool club allows the chain to pull through as the tool is shaped ideally.
- This saw chain sharpener is hand turned with a handle. And can sharp every tooth at the same angle and length.
- This chainsaw sharpener grinder has a soft carrying case with two zipper pockets.
- This chainsaw sharpener grinder has 30-degree angle cartridge guides. However, if you need, you can use 25 and 35-degree angle guides.
- You can take it anywhere and sharpen it in your relaxing time with this 2 pounds best chain sharpener.
- This Timberline Chainsaw Sharpener is made with high-quality aluminum.
- This is a high graded cutter
- The chain life is longer than the other chainsaw sharpeners.
- Within a few seconds, it can sharp each of the teeth
- This machine is very portable
- This unit is very durable
- It is a handy unit
- Very stable among the other chainsaw sharpening devices
- These chains sharpeners won’t bend or flex while working.
- Can sharp only .325 inches pitch chain
- You cannot get any helpful user guide at all.
Stihl 2 IN 1 EASY FILE CHAINSAW CHAIN SHARPENER .325.”
By working with this Stihl 2 in 1 chainsaw sharpener, you can get fantastic effects. Any chainsaw novice will suggest you pick up this unit to save your money. To get the proper size of your chain, I will highly recommend these chainsaw sharpening tools. This manual chainsaw sharpener can work great to cur a bunch of dead trees in your yard.
- The tool has 3/16 inches file, which is required to work with this .325 inches chain.
- You can get the right angle, and this chainsaw sharpening tool has line etched that you can line up with the bar.
- You need to file your depth gauge to get the actual cut.
- With the 43 x 1.96 x 0.91 inches great dimension tool, you can replace any of the three files separately.
- Within 5 to 10 minutes, this unit can sharpen both the tooth and the raker and sharpen a whole chain.
- With this chainsaw chain sharpener, you will get two round files, a unique file holder, one flat file, and a filling guide.
- With this fantastic tool, it will become harder to see in the middle of the cutting, and lastly, the chain will be bound with a few drive links curved.
- You can get a perfect manual with this chainsaw sharpener
- Can do the best us of your money
- This unit will take only a few minutes to be used with the motion of this tool.
- Effectively and quickly sharp your chain
- It is a good design tool
- Easy to use
- Easy to hold
- Can save enough time
- This sharpener is made with a high-quality steel and plastic handle.
- It’s not perfect for all types of chainsaws.
Pferd 17301Pferd Cs-X Chain Sharp Filing Guide – 3/16″ (Original)
Pferd is a legendary German company that can make this popular Cs-X Chain Sharp Filing Guide. This perfectly suitable manual chainsaw sharpener can develop its application based on file cuts and file shapes primarily used in forestry. However, you can better cut performance with a higher speed using this Pferd 17301Pferd Cs-X Chain Sharpner. It can do a fantastic performance comparing with the other handy unit. So, this unit is the best chainsaw sharpener near me by hand that I have come across.
- The chain pitch can calculate the distance between three consecutive reverts and divide the result by two.
- Due to the metal’s friction, this chainsaw sharpener can remove the stock sparingly without the thermal strain.
- The incredible file position of this 14.49 x 3.39 x 0.87 inches dimension chain sharpener allows you to get a more straightforward operation with an ergonomic shape.
- The 30-degree sharpening angle of this unit can turn right to the left tooth, and the recent up-to-date design can easily replace the file.
- This chainsaw sharpener is made with solid steel, can serve the purpose of fixing the guide rail.
- With this unit, you can get one depth gauge file and two classic line chain saw files,3/16 inches depth gauge distance, and 025 inches / Chain pitch: .325 inch.
- This 11.02 ounces compact chainsaw sharpener can get precise and uniform results even when unskilled people handle it.
- You can get the precise spiral cut
- This unit can last for a long time
- Can get the optimal combination of quick sharpening and stock removal rate.
- No conversion work is required here.
- It can sharpen the saw teeth and adjust the depth gauge equally.
- During the sharpening work, the chain can move freely
- You can get the highest comfort of work
- Lower accident risk
- This flexible unit is easy to handle
- You need different files for chains for different sizes of this unit
- This tool is quite heavy comparing with others
Granberg Bar-Mount Chain Saw Sharpener, Model# G-106B
You can keep your chainsaw sharp without the excess of the perfect tool. The traditional chainsaw sharpeners are very time-consuming and inaccurate as well. But the Granberg Bar-Mount Chain Saw Sharpener is a great tool widely recognized as the cost-effective chainsaw sharpener in the market. And that’s why you can get this unique unit in my chainsaw sharpener reviews. When you prefer to use manual chain sharpeners, then without any hesitation, this is the best manual sharpener that you can pick up. No one can even expect less with this renowned and well-designed Granberg company.
- The chainsaw’s guide bar allows you to sharpen the chainsaw teeth without removing the whole chain in this model. Thus, it can be cut down with the proper adjustment of the chain.
- With the 5 x 7 x 1.5 inches dimension sharpener, you can get consistent and even sharping.
- This Granberg Bar-Mount Chain Saw Sharpener can work effectively for more than 50 years, and the users need to wear gloves to get the perfect grip.
- This G-106B solid and sturdy device is built with pressed aluminum and zinc-plated steel. To get the best performance, you must keep it inside the sturdy case deliver with this unit.
- Can hold different sizes file for perfect chain pitches and the lowering depth gauges.
- This chain sharpener can make and hold proper sharpening angles with the help of calibrated swivel guide marking.
- The integrated feature of this 1.05-pound speedy chainsaw teeth sharpener sets the tooth length and file height.
- This Granberg chainsaw sharpener is elementary to use and accurate
- It can work even in the unpleasant situation
- This pro chainsaw sharpener can increase the longevity of the chainsaw
- You don’t need any electricity to work
- You don’t need any other tools to work
- This chainsaw depth gauge grinder is very easy to transport and carry
- No rusting occurs with this tool
- This unit is not workable outside of the shop
- An inexperience person cannot handle it properly
Oregon 30846 12-Volt Sure Sharp Chain Saw Sharpener
When you want to maintain and cut down the lumber of woods for living, you need a good electric saw chain grinder with sharp teeth to help you. Unfortunately, you have to face lots of Hessel electric chain saw grinders. To keep your saw strong, you need to take a pro chainsaw sharpener that will keep any contractor, landscaper, or lumberjack paramount. If you want to keep your chain cutting like new, you can go with the Oregon 30846 chain grinder that will be a perfect tool for sharpening your small chainsaw.
- This Oregon chain grinder comes with different chain pitches, which could be ¼ inches, 0.325 inches, 0.404 inches, 3/8 inches, ½ inches, or ¾ inches.
- The outer casing of the chainsaw bench grinder is made with durable plastic to prevent aging.
- You can get decent-quality two sharpening tools with this Oregon chainsaw sharpening grinder.
- The 12v battery of this Oregon chainsaw sharpener can generate 40w power and reach up to 20,000 RPM.
- The 14.4 ounces Oregon chainsaw sharpening grinding tool is very lightweight. You can take it anywhere you want near to your workplace.
- This Oregon chain sharpener is very easy to use.
- With the adjustable guide, these Oregon chainsaw sharpeners can sharp any chainsaw chain.
- This Oregon chainsaw chain sharpener grinder lasts for a long time due to the plastic outer casing.
- The maximum power of this Oregon bench chainsaw sharpener will give you good cutting with efficiency.
- This handheld electric chainsaw sharpener is very portable.
- This Oregon chainsaw sharpening equipment is inexpensive.
- This lightweight sharpener is easy to access.
- This Oregon bar mount chainsaw sharpener has high impact motor housing
- You cant control the speed of this sharpener like the other electric sharpeners.
- Instructions are not given properly.
Mophorn Sawchaingrinder 110V Saw Chain Grinder 230W Chainsaw Sharpener 3000RPM
You can get bunches of excellent highlighted features that you can think about it for a while. This Mophorn Sawchaingrinder can make your wood eliminating position straightforward, which great chainsaw sharpener electric tool. It is made with solid and firm aluminum materials. And that will improve the performance of this chainsaw sharpener. This electric chainsaw chain sharpener is a versatile unit that can offer fast and quick results. All the fantastic feature is so attractive that I like to suggest you try this mid-range unit just for the one time.
- Due to the 3000 amp commercial motor, the unit will not damage or burn accidentally.
- The aluminum structure of this 18 x 13 x 10 inches dimension unit can improve strength and performance.
- You can get a working light with this unit to comfortably work in a dark area. In addition, you can hold the machine tightly with the anti-slide handle.
- The 5.5 inches grinding wheels can work for a long time to polish and sharp the chain most effectively.
- This sharpener is perfect for 1/4″, 0.325″, 3/8″, and 0.404″ pitch for your house or working field to Sharpe and polish the items.
- This 17-pound best chain saw sharpener can be mounted to the seat and the divider to sharp accurately.
- This unit is anty-ruse and scratch-free
- Perfect for use in the dark area
- Suitable to different sharp types of hard materials with semi-chisel and chisel type cutter.
- Can make your work more accurate
- This power chainsaw sharpener can polish and grinding things
- Here you can adjust the angle
- This sharpener is very flexible
- The powerful motor can create extra force
- It has two grinding wheels
- It can grind in both the direction
- It’s a great value for the money
- It comes with a secured package
- It creates a little shaking problem while using this tool.
Timber Tuff CS-BWM Benchtop / Wall Mount Electric Chain Saw Chain Sharpener
Manufacturing logging tools and accessories, this Timber Tuff chainsaw sharpener is one of the best chain sharpeners in the market. This is a complete sharpening kit with a steady and economical feature. Among the other top-listed products, this is the best chainsaw sharpener trustworthy and can easily do the job. This sharpener comes with different models, but see the features carefully and select which one suits you the most. For some excellent and workable features, I will suggest you try this product for one time.
- The 110V, 60 Hz motor with 230-watt input power and the motor speed is 3600 amp can maintain this unit work as a new unit all the time.
- This is a battery-powered unit, and you can work with the car battery to increase the sharpening ability.
- This 8 x 11.3 x 10.2 inches dimension sharpener combines grinding stones, and 3.2 mm and 4.5 mm wheels to potentially operate the chain saw chain working process.
- The Timber Tuff’s CS-BWM Upright Bench Mount Electric Chain Saw Chain Sharpener can securely mount to most of the work surface, and that will make this tool the best bar mount chainsaw sharpener.
- This sharpener can sharp the chain from ¼ inches to ¾ inches accurately.
- While you work with this unit, the 15 watt light will give you complete visibility.
- The 17.1-pound sharpener has thermo-overload protection to give you complete security.
- The 1/8″, 3/16″, and ¼” three grinding wheels will help perfect work accuracy.
- Very easy to assemble
- Easy to operate this tool
- It is a portable unit
- Provide a secure sharpening capability
- You will get the easy-to-read adjustment guide
- This is a secured unit ever
- Can give you long-lasting chain and chain saw bar
- One year limited warranty
- Affordable unit
- Not last for a longer time like the other products
- This tool will take some more time to start operation
Drixet Chainsaw Sharpening & Filing Kit – Includes: 5/32″, 3/16″ & 7/32 Inch Round Files, Flat File, Depth Gauge, Filing Guide, Handle, Tool Pouch, Combo 8-Piece Pack
While anyone wants to build up a proper chainsaw filling operation, they prefer this best-rated chainsaw sharpener. Drixet Chainsaw Sharpening & Filing Kit has all the essentials to maintain the sharp saw chain perfectly. The pretty simple process and the complete kit of this unit can make it perfect for chainsaw chain maintenance. With this in one punch unit, you can get everything you need to maintain your chainsaw correctly.
- To maintain the fine-tooth chainsaw in a working field, you can get 3 round files, racer files, handle, depth gauge, filling field guide, and travel case.
- With this 24 x 34 x 34 inches dimension unit, you can get a solid and sturdy handle to increase this unit’s longevity.
- To adjust the angle here, you can get the file holder. This holder has two clips to support the file to get the precise angle position.
- You can take it from one place to another with a high-quality wooden handle with attained finishing.
- The Drixet comes with eight pieces of gare which are helpful to get a proper finishing purpose. With this kit, you can also get a good brush up.
- This 15.2-ounce kit comes in 3 different sizes, and that’s are 5/32″, 3/16″ & 7/32 Inch.
- The depth gauge support you to get precise and accurate measurements.
- The protective case will help to store and transport this tool easily from one place to another.
- You can use these saw buddies for the firewood cutting saw, landscaper’s chainsaw, brushing and slashing saw, concrete cutting chainsaw comfortably and perfectly.
- This chainsaw sharpener comes with a .025 and a .030 inches depth gauge.
- The construction is solid and great.
- The chain saw sharpener is very easy to use
- You can get the precise angle position here
- This saw sharpening unit cab save enough time
- Best use of your money
- Perfect for the professionals
- Comfortable and easy to grip
- It comes with a sufficient no. of accessories
- Sometimes the uncoordinated files maybe sleep at any time.
Chicago Electric Electric Chain Saw Sharpener by Chicago Pneumatic
If you want to get the convenience sharpening consistently, you can give this reasonably priced product Chicago Electric Electric Chain Saw Sharpener, a chance. Sharpening at the perfect angle can help maintain your work tremendously; that’s why I suggest this sharpener’s bench chainsaw teeth. However, you will be pleased to see the Chicago chainsaw sharpener review for different types of valuable features. Therefore, I recommend this best chainsaw sharpener for the money those who want to get a cost-effective tool with consistent use for their sharpening activities.
- The easy-to-read marking can permit you to set the grinding degree of the sharpener quickly.
- The steady hand of this chain saw sharpener can be easy to use even for beginners.
- The 4200 AMP motor has enough power to sharp the chainsaw very quickly, and without too much excitement, you can do your job perfectly.
- You can set up this 2 x 9.8 x 6.7 inches dimension tool at left to a right 35-degree angle.
- This sharpener comes with 4-1/4 inches Dia x 1/8 inches thick wheels
- You can get the large-size safety guard and chain rotation roller to sharp accurately and quickly with this unit.
- This 6.55 pounds
- This is an easy to use tool
- You can set this chainsaw sharpener easily
- Anyone can use this unit
- This sharpener can last for an extended period
- Ha powerful motor
- You can get the clear manual with this unit
- This sharper is lightweight
- This unit doesn’t come with the installation bolt
- The plastic body is not that much strong
- The team gets heated so quickly.
There is a vast range of sharpeners that you already see in my top chainsaw sharpener reviews, and most probably, you like some models for your saw. But all of them don’t have the same features at all. With a perfect sharpener, you can maintain your saw perfectly. Before purchasing a sharpener, you have to know how does a chainsaw sharpener works? After going through the reviews, it’s pretty challenging to find the best one if you don’t know which features to consider to choose the tool.
When you need a chainsaw sharpener for your job site or home, all these technical aspects will help you unpack the right one that suits you most.
Electric vs. manual chainsaw sharpeners
If you want to keep the unit running, the electric chainsaw sharpener needs a power source. Some electric models can get from your vehicle battery and bring power to work. You will see two types of electric sharpen in the market; both are workable.
- Electric handheld Sharpener: If you want to get an accurate and perfect angle, this portable sharpener uses a spinning disk to file down the cutters on the chainsaw’s chan. Those who want to do the delicate hand-working task can use this tool with proper speed and accuracy control. This handheld sharpener is relatively slow, but you can sharpen the chain to attach it to the chainsaw, saving you valuable time. Then, you can take the chain off and put it in a vice.
- Electric bench sharpener: According to my choice, I recommend this sharpener as the best-powered chainsaw sharpener ever. You can attach this sharpener to a table, a bench, or on the wall to your workplace. This unit can work as a metal grinder. This chainsaw sharpener can give you accurate results with more control. While using the bench sharpener, you need to set the chain in the clamp and then adjust it. You need to do the same process till every cutter sharpens the chain.
Manual Chainsaw Sharpener:
However, you don’t get any kind of electric component here. You need to operate this unit with your hand and body movement. Sometimes the manual chainsaw sharpener is known as the chainsaw file. In one direction, you need to move across the guide. This unit can sharp the teeth at one time. This unit is slower than the electric sharpener but can save you money. Over-sharpening can damage the chainsaw; at that time, this chainsaw file will give you an accurate solution. If you are a beginner, then you can go with the manual sharpener without damaging the tool. You can take this unit anywhere you want due to the lightweight. Sometimes you may need to do some work while there is no electric power to operate the electric chainsaw sharpener; at that time, the manual sharpener is the best option for you.
Angle and height:
Before sharpening your blade, you have an unmistakable idea about measuring the height and angle. Each of the teeth has a particular flower with the size, and you have a specific idea about the measurement to get an accurate result. Different measures are using different types of chainsaw blades.
To get the actual sharpness, you need to sharp at a particular angle. On the package of the unit, you can get the tip of the saw blade. With maintaining the correct chain size, you also need to maintain the right tooth angle. To retain the alignment file, every sharpener has an angle marking. But it would be best if you kept it in your mind that not all sharpeners can handle the perfect tooth angle and height variation. The electric models can choose the right angle and every tooth height. But this type of sharpener can move so quickly, so it will be tricky to select the sharpener. A wrong sharpener can minimize the life of the chain.
In different types of chainsaws, you can see the variation of chain size. That’s why, when you want to sharpen the chain, you need to pick up that type of sharpener which suits the length of your chainsaw chain. You can get the sharpener in the market based on the size of the chain-like- 0.325 inches, ¼ inches, ½ inches, 3/8 inches, ¾ inches. So select the sharpener based on the chain’s length, and then you can get the actual result. Most of the electric chainsaw sharpener has the adjustable feature that can set with different sizes and can work with more than one chainsaw at a time.
Frequency of Use:
depending on how often you are using your chainsaw, you need to select the chainsaw sharpener. If you need to use your chainsaw most often, it’s better to use the electric chainsaw sharpener to get the optimum result. This chainsaw sharpener can give you more accuracy and precision in your work. But on the other hand, if you don’t use your chainsaw more frequently, you need to use the expensive electric chainsaw sharpeners. Then, it’s better to use the handle file to finish your job.
If you want to take the sharpener to your workplace, you need to choose the manual sharpeners instead of the electric one, which is small and light. In addition, the electric-powered unit is not highly portable and comes with the battery or car cigarette port’s power.
Finally, it’s a crucial factor for choosing the perfect tool. This issue is the same regarding getting the perfect chainsaw sharpener. When all the requirements meet with less budget, you don’t need to pay enough money. Sometimes we have to spend enough money to get a quality product, and sometimes we can get the combination ideally with the friendly budget—expensive product not always worthy. But you have to pay attention to the quality of the product besides the price.
You need to pay very well to cover everything to get explicit knowledge about the perfect chainsaw sharpener. Now, all the above information will help you to choose the right product. All the chainsaw sharpener reviews and the buying guide will make you an expert; see all the features and then pick up the right product.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the chainsaw teeth sharpener work?
And: Without a second, the chainsaw chain sharpener can work for the dull blade. Sharpner can sharpen different types of chainsaw like Olympik, Stihl, or Oleo-Mac chainsaw. The automatic sharpener can work wonderfully. So those who have a chainsaw with a dull blade, don’t worry if you have the chainsaw sharpener.
How long does it take for a chainsaw to sharpen?
Ans: You can get a prolonged cut if you have a dull chainsaw blade. In this situation, you need to sharpen your blade as soon as possible to cut it quickly. From the very beginning, you may think it is possible to sharpen the chainsaw with a sharpener? It’s possible within 10 minutes with some less expensive files and guides to make your slow-cutting chainsaw a quick and fast-cutting unit. If you do your sharpening task regularly, then you can get a sharp chainsaw without any hassle.
How do you sharpen a chainsaw with a grinder?
If you have a chainsaw sharpener, you can quickly and efficiently do the cutting and spilling job. Unfortunately, the blunt chainsaw can take your valuable time and energy as well. IN the long run, the dull chainsaw will be helpless. To avoid the cost of replacement, you must use the chainsaw sharpening grinder. But how to sharpen a chainsaw with a hero? To sharpen the chain of the chainsaw, you need to select the perfect chainsaw depth gauge grinder. You need some skill to operate the unit; otherwise, the machine will damage.
I will now guide you on how to sharpen the chainsaw chain with a grinder below:
First of all, you need to identify the workplace, and then you need to lock the bar properly. Next, adjust all the screws to lock the chain to prevent shifting. Now read the manual properly to hold the grinder and stand properly.
Now you need to test the grinder in an open space to avoid any damage. See carefully that all the parts are moving correctly and whether any malfunctioning occurred. Next, hold the best angle to sharpen the chainsaw appropriately with both of your hands and see how it works.
If you want to share all the cutters equally, you need to match the dull cutter’s adjustment. The edge of one blade should make a distance for the wheel’s rim. Use a permanent color to label the tooth from the starting point. That will prevent you from sharing the same tooth again. That mark will ultimately fade after you continue with the chainsaw. To check the edge, you can use another color also.
Now it’s time to twist the adjuster that will tell you how deeply the abrasive wheel can chop. Arrange some teeth before you start grinding and grind respectively until you can reach the appropriate grinding depth. The angle of the grinding wheel needs to match with the tooth and the cutter of that grinder. Maintain the basic guideline given by the manufacturer. To grind appropriately, you should adjust the level of the depth gauge also. The curve extension of the ground can scrape beside every tooth properly. However, without modifying the depth gauge, you cannot maintain the level.
Use the cousin wheels to avoid the unwanted metal split and smooth the cutting tooth. Also, remove the damaged tooth that you cannot replace. You can also use the wire wheels to remove the rust, paint dirt from the chainsaw. This is known as polishing and doesn’t give extra pressure on the wire wheels.
These simple and easy processes can save you lots of time to sharpen a chainsaw with the grinder.
How many times can I sharpen a chainsaw chain?
There is no proper time that you can sharpen your chainsaw chain. It will vary from user to user. Moreover, it depends on which thinks you use to cut with that chainsaw. But as a user, you have to be aware of this. When you feel more stressed and need to apply enough force, you may think it’s proper time to sharpen your chainsaw chain. In general, you can sharpen your chainsaw chain 10 to 12 times before you decide to replace it. But to maintain it in good condition you can sharp it 3 or 4 times.
At what angle do you sharpen a chainsaw chain?
Different types of materials cutting chainsaws require different types of angles too sharp. For example, if you cut the woods, that chainsaw will be sharp at a 25 to 35-degree angle; on the other hand, for ripping with the grain, you may use 10 degrees, and when you are cutting with the grain, it’s better to use 10 degrees sharpen the chain.
Does a ripping chain cut faster?
Chainsaw with ripping chain is used to cut with shallow-angle which is roughly around 5-10o angle. It is used to achieve a very smooth wood surface in mills. It cuts along the wood grains to make the surface smooth. However, due to quality fine finishing, cutting with a ripping chain makes the job slower. Hence, a saw with a ripping chain is not the right option if the target is to complete the job faster.
How do I know if my chainsaw needs sharpening?
It is dangerous to saw woods with blunt blades at chainsaws. While cutting with a dull chainsaw, the blades are burning and buckling. Often blunt chainsaw is stuck in the material and pulls on the side during sawing. This is an unsafe condition for the operator. This will reduce the longevity of the chainsaw. If you see dust in the waste of cutting, it is time to sharpen the blades at the chainsaw.
Cutting with a sharp blade is safe. It saves time and money in the long run.
Why is my chainsaw leaking chain oil?
It is often normal that oil remains in the groove of the chainsaw even after use and the oil runs towards the surface. It looks like the chainsaw is leaking oil. The oil level in the pump may exceed the permissible limit. This may cause the dripping of the oil while the chainsaw lays on an uneven surface. Due to temperature variation, overfilled oil can also spill. Oil should be filled before the use of the saw and not before the storage. The chainsaw may include a one-way valve to allow air into the oil tank. In some atmospheric conditions, the oil may spill out of the tank due to air pressure variation.
Why does my chainsaw cut in a curve?
Lack of maintenance of the chainsaw can cause cutting woods in a curve. While the operator wants to cut straight, the chain saw pulls on a side and cuts in a turn. It often means the chainsaw blade is dull and damaged, which requires maintenance such as sharpening the knives. Sharpening needs to be uniform.
The top plate of the chain sits on the tooth of the chain. If the full plates’ size is uneven and does not keep the same angle, the chainsaw can cut the curve.
How often should you flip the bar on a chainsaw?
The chain of the chainsaw does not wear the bar evenly. While sawing, force is always applied on one side of the bar, which causes wear and tears on that side of the bar. Rotating or flipping the bar on the chainsaw can extend the lifetime of the bar by 50%. The bar can be mounted on either of the sides. The bar contains an oiling hole on both sides to provide lubricant to the bar rail. Blunt chains of the chainsaw require sharpening. While the chains are removed for sharpening, the bar can be flipped at the same time.
How do you fix a chainsaw that won’t stay running?
There exist several simple reasons due to why chainsaws won’t stay running.
Clogged air filter: Check the air filter. Suppose it is clogged, clean with compressed air, or by scrubbing with soap and water.
Damaged spark plug: Clean the pin with a steel brush. If wholly worn out, replace the plug.
Clogged filter or fuel line: Remove and clean them. If needed, replace those.
Clogged fuel cap vent: Clean the cap or replace it.
Harmful gas: Open the lid and shake the chainsaw. Make sure that lousy gas is out of the tank. The use of mid to premium-grade octane will reduce the problem.
Near empty fuel tank: Make sure that the fuel tank is at least half full.
Why does my Stihl chainsaw cut crooked?
There are several reasons why your Stihl chainsaw is cut crooked. First, the saw chain might work worn out, which requires chains to be sharpened properly. Second, the chainsaw must fit with a suitable chain. The channel in the bar has a certain width, and chains should match the width. Third, the groove of the chainsaw bar can be worn out. This causes the chain to move sideways. It may also happen that the bar on one side is worn out more than the other side. The bar needs to be flipped periodically to extend its lifetime of the bar. If both sides of the bar are damaged, replace the bar. Finally, the bar’s rails can be uneven due to worn out, which keeps the chain at an angle while sawing. With the tip, the chain cannot be cut straight.
How do you know when your chainsaw bar is terrible?
An average chainsaw cuts straight. If the bar is bent, it cuts in the curve. Remove the bar from the chainsaw, and by putting it on the flat surface, one can notice bends. Running the chain across the bar causes friction on the side of the bar. It results in wear on the height and width of the bar track. The chain jumps out of the way if the width of the bar track gets too wide. Pinches on the bar can cause the bar to press inwards. This type of damage may not be repairable. Missing or bent teeth can cause damage to the nose sprocket at the end of the bar. Running the chainsaw without bar and chain oil causes a black mark along the bar.
When you have the perfect chainsaw sharpener with you, you can cut varieties of materials efficiently, and you cannot do without this tool. But you have to be very careful to select this unit.
By now, you can gather lots of ideas from the best chainsaw grinder reviews, and you can already see that there are many brands; from there, you can choose your desired product. You can see the differences between one product to another. With that, all the ins and out and buying guides will help to make your decision. So, rely on my article, chose the best chainsaw sharpener without any pressure, and enjoyed your sharpening job.